24/7 Emergency Vet Services in Rutland, VT
At Rutland Veterinary Clinic & Surgical Center, we understand pet emergencies don’t happen on a convenient schedule. It’s important that you have someone you can trust to look after your pet when they’re at their worst. Our emergency vets and trained staff are here when you need us the most. We offer 24/7 emergency vet care 365 days of the year.
Recognizing an Emergency
Just as with any condition, a quick prognosis is ideal for positive, healthy outcomes. If ever you think your pet needs medical care, don’t hesitate to contact us at (802) 773-2779. We are staffed 24/7, so you’ll always be able to talk with a trained technician who will help determine whether or not your pet needs to be seen.
Here are some clear signs that your pet needs urgent veterinary care:
- Severe bleeding
- Choking or difficulty breathing
- Inability to urinate or defecate
- Ingestion of a known toxin
- Heatstroke or hypothermia
- Eye injury
- Encounter with a wild animal
- Trauma injury, such as being hit by a car or falling from a great height
- Bleeding from the nose, mouth, or rectum
- Suspected fractures
- Persistent vomiting or diarrhea
- Labor lasting longer than an hour
If possible, please call us before you bring your pet in. This helps us be prepared for your visit so we can serve you promptly.